BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 11, 2009

One Proud Family





I am sure our Mothers Day News made the headlines.....but in case you haven't heard our little baby boy, well our oldest son Billy gave a talk in sacrament on Mothers Day. Billy's fans came out in record numbers the entire Granada Ward, his Grandparents on both sides, his great grandmothers Darlene, his cousins and of course the President....well the Stake President. Billy looked handsome as his beaming Father in his suit and tie. He did a wonderful job..spoke like a future Bishop, strong , confident and funny at the right times. When he finished the crowd went wild with cheers of approval, pom poms waving, and confetti flying. Fine it ended with loud amens but I know there were silent cheers in the audience and in heaven above. Across town in Henderson my dear sister Katie's kids were standing on their stage belting out Mothers Day Songs. In fact I am sure cousins all over the Unties States were all singing those great songs. After listening to our group and hearing Katie's stories I am positive that all the little grandchildren will become opera singers just like their Nonnie. It was a special day start to finish and of course the men in our life did a fantastic job of honoring mothers and teaching our children how to carry on this rich tradition.

3 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

What a sad sad day-for me that is! I missed my sisters, Mother, AND Strawberry Shortcake! Three of my very favorite things! :)

I am glad you all had a wonderful day, and I wish I could have been there to clebrate with you! You guys all look so beautiful! Candice, you are such a great Mother. I miss you!

Catherine said...

I heard about Billy's talk! How fun for your family. I wish I could have been there to hear/see it all! Happy Mother's Day!

Babs Renouf said...

Dear Candice, thank you for the photos of your Sabbath Day. Just a few short years ago, we were sitting on the lawn watching all of you little girls at play. Now each of you have established tradtions and love for young children. Love is song that never ends. And yes, even here in Utah, we have heard about Billy Sanders and his speaking engagement. Hurray for all of you.